Last Updated: December 5, 2022
LynxDx Inc. (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is a leading molecular diagnostic testing company dedicated to the discovery and utilization of innovative technologies for early disease detection and to improve the quality of patient lives. Our primary responsibility is to our patients and customers and as part of that service, LynxDx understands the importance of data privacy and security and respects patient’s rights regarding the processing of their personal information.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are subject to various laws in the United States, and we are responsible as controller of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
1. Personal Information We May Collect About You.
- Identifiers – Such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). – Such as a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law – Such as age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Commercial information – Such as records of products or services purchased.
- Sensitive personal information – Such as the processing of biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying a consumer; personal information collected and analyzed concerning a consumer’s health; or personal information that reveals:
- A person’s social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number.
- A person’s account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account.
- A person’s racial or ethnic origin.
This personal information may be required by us in order to provide our product and/or service offerings to you. If you do not provide the personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing products and/or services to you.
2. Processing of Medical Data.
Some of the personal information processed by LynxDx, Inc., in connection with the Site, may be subject to additional laws and regulations, such as rules issued under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 (HITECH), that govern a health insurer and health care providers’ use and disclosure of certain individually identifiable health-related Personal Information (“Protected Health Information”).
3. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
How to Manage Cookies
4. Do Not Track.
We do not track users across the web and therefore do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals.
5. Promotional Communications.
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our products and/or services, including new products and/or services we may offer in the future. By using the Site, you expressly agree to opt in to text and email communications, you agree that you are solely responsible for the content transmitted through text and email messages sent related to your use of the Site and that you are responsible for any text message fees charged by your mobile communications service provider.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
- Contacting us by using one of the methods listed in the “How to Contact Us” Section below; or
- Using the “unsubscribe” link in emails or “STOP” number in texts.
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further products and/or services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
6. How Your Personal Information is Collected.
We collect most of this personal information directly from you—in person, by telephone, text or email and/or via our Site. However, we may also collect information:
- From publicly accessible sources (e.g., property records);
- Directly from a third party, including health care providers; and
- Via our IT systems, including automated monitoring of our Site and other technical systems, such as our computer networks and connections, communications systems, email and instant messaging systems.
7. How and Why We Use Your Personal Information.
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.,
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- For our legitimate interests or those of a third party (i.e. to minimize fraud that could be damaging for us and for you, to make sure we are following our own internal procedures so we can deliver the best service to you, to be as efficient as we can so we can deliver the best service for you at the best price, to protect trade secrets and other commercially valuable information, to prevent and detect criminal activity that could be damaging for us and for you, to make sure that we can keep in touch with our customers about existing orders and new products, and to promote our business to existing and former customers; or
- Where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
We use (process) your personal information:
- To provide products and/or services to you;
- To prevent and detect fraud against you or LynxDx Inc.;
- To ensure business policies are adhered to, e.g., policies covering security and internet use;
- For operational reasons, such as improving efficiency, training and quality control;
- To prevent unauthorized access and modifications to systems;
- For statistical analysis to help us manage our business;
- To update and enhance customer records; and
- For marketing our services, if you have opted-in to receiving such marketing material.
8. Who We Share Your Personal Information With.
We routinely share personal information with:
- Our affiliates, including companies within the LynxDx Inc. group;
- Service providers we use to help deliver our products and/or services to you, including payment providers;
- Other third parties we use to help us run our business, such as website hosts (to the extent the personal information does not contain Protected Health Information); and
- Third parties approved by you, such as health care providers, health insurers, and State health departments (to the extent required to do so by applicable laws).
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information, including (where applicable), in compliance with HIPAA.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to protect and defend the rights or property of LynxDx, Inc., to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, and/or protect against legal liability.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. We will typically anonymize information, but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
9. How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept.
We will keep your personal information while you have an account with us or while we are providing products and/or services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
- To respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- To show that we treated you fairly; or
- To keep records required by law.
10. Children and our Site.
Our Site is not directed to children, and you may not use our Site if you are under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not use our services, access the Site, or provide any information about yourself including, without limitation, your name, address, email address or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will purge such information from our database and cancel the corresponding accounts. If you believe we may have any information from or about a child under 13, please see our “How to Contact Us” Section below. Please visit the FTC’s website at www.ftc.gov for tips on protecting children’s privacy online.
11. Keeping Your Personal Information Secure.
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized use, access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
However, while we strive to protect your privacy, due to many reasons, including the inherent security flaws in the internet, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose to us and, as such, you agree that your disclosure of such information is at your own risk.
12. Where Your Personal Information is Held.
Information may be held at our offices and those of our third party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above (see above: “Who We Share Your Personal Information with”).
13. A Note to Users Outside of the United States.
14. Third Party Websites.
You should contact the site administrator for such third party website if you have any complaints, claims, concerns or questions regarding such third party website or its privacy practices.
15. Changes to This Privacy Notice.
16. How to Contact Us.
Our contact details are shown below:
Attention: Privacy Officer
333 Jackson Plaza, Suite 600,
Ann Arbor, MI 48103.
Phone Number: (734) 212-6561